Hiring process defines how many and what stages you have for your Hiretual project. By default, you are given two hiring processes in Hiretual.
- Default Sourcing Process: 4 stages
- Default Recruiting Process: 9 stages
If you would like, you can customize the hiring process to better suit your hiring process. Currently, customizing hiring process is only enabled for Hiretual Pro Admin. If you are a Hiretual Pro user and want to have a customized hiring process added, please reach out to your team admin.
To set up your hiring process, the Hiretual Pro admin should go to Settings -> Hiring Process: https://app.hiretual.com/settings/hiring. In this page, you’ll be able to manage all your hiring processes.
Add a new hiring process
To add a new hiring process, click on “Add New Hiring Process” on the top right.
In the next page, you can edit the stages you’d like to have in your hiring process.
- For the Sourcing category, the 4 stages (New, Uncontacted, Contacted, and Replied) are predefined and cannot be modified.
- For other categories such as Screen, Interview, Offer, and Hired, you can add as many stages as you’d like.
- To add a new stage to the corresponding category, Click “Add a stage”.
- To delete a stage, click on the trashcan icon on the right of the stage name.
- The edit the name of a stage, click on the pencil icon to the right of the stage name.
- Remember to add a template for your new Hiring Process as it is required.
- Click “Save” at the bottom on the to save your new Hiring process.
Edit a hiring process
To edit a hiring process, click the pencil icon to the of the template you’d like to edit.
Edit the fields you’d like to change in the next stage and click “Save” to save the new template.
Delete a hiring process
To delete a hiring process, click on the trashcan icon to the right of the template you'd like to delete.
In the popped-up window, click on “Delete” to confirm the deletion. If not, the hiring process template will not be deleted.
Note: you are unable to delete Hiring processes that are currently in use or enforced from Feature Access (https://app.hiretual.com/settings/control/team).
Please reach out to [email protected] or directly contact your Customer Success Manager for more training on this topic.