Hiretual’s AI Sourcing Solution can be used in a multitude of ways which will all be covered in this article including adding search terms to predetermined fields, parsing a resume or job description, and refreshing candidate data from your existing database through our import function.
You can locate the "General" sourcing feature via the “Sourcing” tab and then the “General” sourcing module next to "IT/Tech".
You will notice some updates here. Some of the "Advanced filters" are now at the top.
The sample set stage of candidates will appear and update in real-time on the right hand side.
Job Titles: Get started by typing in what you’re looking for by adding a few job titles or expertises.
When entering the job title of the position you’re working on you can begin by typing in the ‘Job Titles’ field and you’ll notice recommendations will automatically populate in the drop down menu. The best practice is to select the relevant term from the drop down menu by clicking on it.
Once you select one or more job titles to search for, you will notice other similar job titles appear below. You can easily add more job titles to your search by clicking on the term in a blue box with a + symbol next to it. Clicking these recommended similar titles will add them to your search.
* Select "Included In / Excluded from Current Title" to include/remove particular titles*
Mandatory Skills / Keywords: Add the MOST important skills here.
- Must-have skills or keywords in candidate profiles that are prioritized when matching and ranking candidates. With multiple mandatory skills, candidate matching and ranking are based on the relevance between them and at least one skill or keyword is always prioritized.
Related Skills / Keywords: Preferred skills but not mandatory.
- Nice-to-have skills or keywords that can improve candidate matching and ranking accuracy but are not required for a match.
*Select the "Excluded Skills / Keyword" to remove skills from a candidates profile*
What is the difference between ‘Mandatory’ and ‘Related’ Skills?
Mandatory Skills have a higher priority in the search than Related Skills, and the candidates who have the most Mandatory Skills in their profile will show up at the top of your search. As you continue to source more candidates, Hiretual will relax these requirements. Let’s say you put five mandatory skills in and start searching. The first candidates will have the highest combination of the Mandatory Skills and as you continue to look through the candidates Hiretual will deliver those candidates who have most but not all of the Mandatory Skills for your review. That way we are not eliminating any potentially fitting candidates. The recommendation is to only put your ‘Must-Have’ skills in the Mandatory section, and ‘Nice-to-haves’ in the Related section to get the best results.
Location: Add City, State, Country, Metro Area, USA Zip Code or Continent.
- You can adjust the radius to be within 15, 30, 50 and 100 miles.
Years of Experience: Select a minimum and maximum range
- The total (overall) years of working experience after graduation
Locate some of the other filters at the top of the screen.
Companies: Source from specific companies by adding them manually or use the "Bulk Upload" feature to parse a list.
- Bulk Upload: Copy/Paste a list of names delimited by semicolon or newline
Extended Search: Expand your search to companies that are similar to your input.
- After adding a few companies and hitting "Extended Search", hover over to the "Persona/Insights" tab to see the list of similar companies.
Excluded From Companies: Your company will be here by default.
Industries: Select industries from the drop-down list or add by typing
*Exclude From Industries: Select the arrow and add industries you want to exclude.
Company Types: Search candidates within specific company types as identified by Hiretual.
Degrees: Select the highest degree of candidates. You can select multiple.
Majors: Add college majors. If you want to expand your reach and bring in similar majors, select "Extended Search"
Schools: Source alumni from specific schools manually or by using the "Bulk Upload" function.
*Excluded From Schools: Select this option to remove particular schools from your search.
Year of Graduation: Select a "From" and "To" year.
Years in Current Company: Choose the years that a candidate has been in their current company
Years in Current Role: Choose the years that a candidate has been in their current role
Senior: Choose the seniority level of a candidate
Languages: Select languages from the drop-down or by typing
Diversity: Source for Diverse candidates
Security Clearances: Source for candidates with a security clearance
*For tips on cleared recruiting, check out this article:
Sourcing Channels: Select the source of candidates
- A sourcing channel indicates where Hiretual pulls candidates for this sourcing task. Open Web: Source candidates from across 37+ public platforms and open web. ATS/CRM: Rediscover candidate profiles from your integrated ATS/CRM system.Import: Rediscover candidates from imported datasets.
After you've added all of your search parameters and filters you can review the "Persona/Insights" tab to make sure your search looks good.
The last step will be to give feedback on 5 candidates via the "Sample Candidates" tab.
If a candidate is "Not a fit" you can click on the right side arrow and select the reason from the drop-down.
After giving feedback on 5 candidates, click "Start Sourcing".
If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected]